A set of functions to calculate coordinate transformations between different reference ellipsoids and different projections, including tools on:
- transformation from cartesian to geographic coordinates and back
- transformation from geographic coordinates to transverse mercator mapping or lambert conformal conical mapping and back
- transformation from geographic tu UTM and back which can handle irregular zones and pole mapping
- 3D/2D/1D similarity transformation (Helmert transformation)
- determination of the parameters of a 3D/2D/1D-Helmert transformation
- applying residual corrections after performing a helmert transformation
- reading and using NTv2 transformation parameters
- 3D transformation between ITRS and ETRS frames
- 3D/2D affine transformation and its parameter determination
- 3D/2D to 2D projective transformation and its parameter determination
Some projections and ellipsoids are already defined in mat-Files.
This functions are often used in geodesy when transforming between different coordinate systems, e.g. UTM to GK or GPS-data (WGS84) to UTM.
Although some might be incorporated in the mapping toolbox, at least I don't have that...
An example document with background information is added.
Please notify me of any bugs you may encounter.