This class-based toolbox allows you to create many different plots in Google Earth, by automatically creating the required xml-based kml files without user interaction.
With it, you can create:
- line plots, scatter plots
- 2D and 3D contours
- 2D filled contours
- 2D and 3D polygons
- 2D and 3D quiver plots
- write text in a given point
- place 3D models
- overlay images
- transfer more complex figures as images
- folders, subfolders,... to aggregate similar plots
- animate 3D models into a pre-defined trajectory
- 3D surfaces
- animated tours (still undocumented, but there is now an example in the test folder - more info, contact me by email).
To install the toolbox into your MATLAB path, go to the toolbox directory and run:
Now with documentation of each function and the available parameters. To view the help, run in MATLAB:
>> kmldoc kml.plot %or any other of the available plots
If you enjoy it, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org saying for what you're using it :).
Inspired by the original Google Earth Toolbox, but implemented using MATLAB classes and XML, which makes it much easier to use. It was tested with 2011a onwards, but it should work in older releases too... (Let me know if not!)