This function is an enhanced version of the standard INPUTDLG function with many additional features:
- 5 control types: text, edit, check, list, and range
- Text Type is a static text (e.g., to place an instruction)
- Check Type displays a checkbox with a label, returns one of two values
- Edit Type can be configured to accept:
* plain text (single- or multi-line mode)
* date (following date formats as defined in DATESTR)
* numeric value (integer or float with range specification)
* file or directory name (with UIGETFILE, UIPUTFILE, or UIGETDIR functions, supports UIGETFILE multi-select mode)
- List Type returns index(es) of the selected item and can have 4 different appearances:
* Listbox (can be made to multi-select)
* Radiobutton (button placements can be customized)
* Togglebutton (button placements can be customized)
- INPUTSDLG can automatically size controls and dialog box for an optimal appearance, and control's size can be made to auto-adjust if dialog is made resizable.
- INPUTSDLG returns the user entries in a cell or in a structure
- INPUTSDLG is backward compatible with INPUTDLG except for its returned values when canceled. With default answers given, INPUTDLG returns an empty cell while INPUTSDLG returns the default answers. INPUTSDLG returns the second parameter, CANCELED(a logical flag) to indicate how the dialog box is terminated.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Luke Reisner prepared v1.3 and kindly shared his modification/bug fixes.